[IP] carb counting

I am working on my carb counting, and have some questions.  I believe my
carb/insulin ratio is 16:1.  My questions are:  Do you count fiber in
your carb calculations?  This morning for breakfast, I had two soft
boiled eggs, along with 4 slices of toasted whole grain rye bread with
butter.  Four slices of the bread are 63.4 Gm Carb and two eggs are 1.2
Gm carb (according to Corrine Netzer's "Complete Book of Food Counts")
totals 64.6 Gm Carbs.  I bolused 4, and was hypo an hour later.  Why?
1) I should have subtracted 9.4 Gm fiber for the 4 slices bread.
2) I should not have counted the 1.2 Gm carbs in the eggs.
3) My carb/insulin ratio is not correctly set.

Janet Rignati