Re: [IP] Alcohol question-or second drop

>In a message dated 2/18/99 11:16:28 AM EST, email @ redacted writes:
><< Are any of you still getting advised to use the second drop?  >>
>After poking tiny fingers for ten years I'm lucky to get 1 drop to test with

Hmm... I've poked my fingers for many years and in front of many nurses...
no one has ever mentioned using the second drop of blood for testing. In
fact, when I've been in the hospital the nurses that were doing the BG
tests for me would always take the first drop (if they could get it). Since
it is often tough to get that first big drop, many BG meters are now using
strips that take much less blood. I would think that if your hands are
clean, that would be adequate. But then as always, each person's hands are