Re: [IP] Alcohol question-or second drop

<<nurse at an endo's office I tried out last year  <snip> was very insistent
that I should not use the first drop of blood for
 the contamination reason (I had told her I usually try to wash in warm water
 first because it helps me get a better drop, but if that is not convenient I
 use alcohol.  Her take on it was that there was a possibility of
contamination
 between the sink and the bedside table where I test -- I thought that was a
 bit too careful). >>
In almost 20 years of diabetes education, I have never heard of this!  It
sounds very close to using the second voided specimen in urine testing....and
we all know how effective that was!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barbara B.