Re: [IP] Re: Leaving sites in for more than 3 days

At 07:42 AM 2/15/99 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 2/15/99 12:50:23 AM Eastern Standard Time,
>email @ redacted writes:
><<  the more we
> use, the more money they make.  And they minimize risk to themselves by
> being able to blame infections on user error. >>
>Is it only the cost? Is that why some pumpers leave the site in for extra
>days? Is it because maybe they do not want to take the time to change the
>site?  I start pumping with insulin on Tuesday and so far I put in 2 sites

For me it's more a matter of not liking to change the sets.  If I had to
change the sets every 2 or 3 days the pump would be unacceptable for me....

I stopped using H in my pump because the site would "go bad" after about 3
days and the BG would start its climb the longer the set was left in.  (The
H still worked fine when removed from the pump and used in a syringe.)

I now use V in my pump and use it only for my basal.........   I personally
am getting much better results taking my bolus using H in a syringe......

>Karen :)

Jim_S (JWS)                          (type I, pump since 08/94, dx 10/09/65)
mailto:email @ redacted