Re: [IP] Unborn babies and diabetes

In a message dated 2/17/99 0:59:29 AM EST, email @ redacted writes:

<< I think I've read where a woman who has babies weighing more than 9 pounds
 at higher risk for DM, as are people who weighed more than 9 pounds when they
 were born. My mother had four children, all of whom weighed more than 9
 pounds. I'm the only one with DM (lucky me). Mom doesn't have DM, either. So
 the risk there is just that: A risk -- not a certainty. >>
Both of kids who now have diabetes were over 9 pounds at birth. Jessica was 9
pounds 7 ounces and Joey was 10 pounds 14 ounces.      Doreen -mom of 2 pumps