Re: [IP] Weight at Birth

I weighed 6 lbs. 12 oz at full term and was diagnosed at age 6 1/2.  My
first-born was delivered 6 weeks early (my water broke) and was 6 lbs.
10 oz so he would most likely been BIG at full term and he was diagnosed
at age 17 years.  Second son was a C-section and 6 lbs. 14 oz and he was
delivered a week early though he really looked much earlier at birth.
Now is 25 and not showing signs of Diabetes to date. However, he has
Type II behind both paternal great grandparents and grandfather.
While autoimmune is a factor...there is to my belief a pre-disposition
for diabetes that is genetic.

Becky LaSpina
IDDM since 1957 - pumper since 12/26/98