Re: [IP] RE: Alcohol question

Of course you are right Christine.  Alcohol will kill a lot of bacteria,
not all, but surely a lot.  You can sterilize surgical instruments by
storing them in alcholo.  But the important thing here is that it really
doesn't matter how much bacteria is on the skin.  Many of us never wash the
finger tips before poking, without any subsequent infection.  And there was
scientific study a few years ago that show that people who injected insulin
through their unwashed clothes and unwiped skin had no greater incidence of
infection or increased white blood cells.  Sooo,,,,, the bottom line is
that a tiny pin prick doesnt' seem to "drag" in any effective amount of bad
bugs.  And for that reason it's a moot point whether one uses alcohol or
This is just yet another  P.O.V. of one of those "educated" persons.... *S*

<<<<<<I don't know where your CDE went to school, but I cannot believe she
her patients not to use alcohol.  I am a Biology major, and in Microbiology we
examined the human thumb before and after the application of alcohol.  The
amount of bacteria that is KILLED after the application of alcohol is
astonishing.  I vowed after that experiment never to test my blood without
using alcohol.  And by the way we had to wash our hands before wiping them
with alcohol.  Yes, bacteria normally exists, but the point of wiping with
alcohol is to kill the ones around the area so that they do not enter an
"opened" wound when you prick your finger.
This is just the P.O.V. of one of those "educated" persons....