[IP] Big babies

I was a puny thing -- about 6 pounds (my mother smoked during her
pregnancy -- who knew back then?)  My son, born 20 years ago to this
insulin dependent, high-risk pregnancy mother, weighed 8 lb. 13 oz..
Everyone was thrilled that he was such a reasonable size for a
diabetic.  BTW, my non-diabetic cousin had a son 25+ years ago who
weighed way more than 10 pounds and everyone was worried about the
possible diabetes connection or predisposition.  He's now 6 foot 7
inches and fully justified for weighing so much at birth!
Vicki Mcdonald