Re: [IP] Predisposed to diabetes-lab tests?

In a message dated 2/17/1999 7:57:56 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< email @ redacted wrote:
 > I've been insulin dependent for 16 yrs. and carried 3 children to full term
 > since diagnosed. I had somewhat "normal" pregnancies and deliveries. A
 > neighbor of mine is concerned that I haven't had my kids tested to find out
 > they are likely to become diabetic or not.  Her brother has a diabetic
 > and was told by Joslin to have her kids tested.  She did and other tests
 > her son to be in the 150 range 2hrs after meals.  He is now taking insulin.
 > Do any of you know what test this is?
There is an article in Forecast (publication of ADA) in the March, 1999 issue
titled "Preventing Type I Diabetes". In it they describe the trial run by NIH,
the ADA, and the JDF.  The study sems to be called DPT-1 and the informatio
number is 1-800-425-8361.  They can surely give you the exact name of the
test. If you don't get Forecast, the library should have it or I can mail  you
or fax you a copy.

Phyllis Dobin