Re: [IP] Predisposed to diabetes-lab tests?

email @ redacted wrote:
> I've been insulin dependent for 16 yrs. and carried 3 children to full term
> since diagnosed. I had somewhat "normal" pregnancies and deliveries. A
> neighbor of mine is concerned that I haven't had my kids tested to find out if
> they are likely to become diabetic or not.  Her brother has a diabetic child
> and was told by Joslin to have her kids tested.  She did and other tests found
> her son to be in the 150 range 2hrs after meals.  He is now taking insulin.
> Do any of you know what test this is?

It's been running for some years trying to find enough developing Type 1 kids
not yet diagnosed diabetic. Check with the American Diabetes Association on
their webpage at:

Or call your local ADA office.

Are there many?  How do I get a
> pediatrician to request such a lab test?

It's run through several reseach centers around the nation, which will work
with your doctor to check the children and treat them if appropriate.

Teed Quick