Re: [IP] Unborn babies and diabetes

<< If a pregnant mother's blood test shows a
 higher level of sugar after she drinks a 12-ounce jug of flavored glucose
 water, then either she is a candidate for diabetes or the baby is. >>

Hi Sue

I think I've read where a woman who has babies weighing more than 9 pounds is
at higher risk for DM, as are people who weighed more than 9 pounds when they
were born. My mother had four children, all of whom weighed more than 9
pounds. I'm the only one with DM (lucky me). Mom doesn't have DM, either. So
the risk there is just that: A risk -- not a certainty.