[IP] Unborn babies and diabetes

I had a chance to ask my daughter-in-law more about her glucose tolerance
test. Her doctor said that some gestational diabetes is not always picked
up in the routine blood tests. If a pregnant mother's blood test shows a
higher level of sugar after she drinks a 12-ounce jug of flavored glucose
water, then either she is a candidate for diabetes or the baby is. Did I
make sense?

With that explanation, I assume that a child could still show up with
diabetes later on. I doubt if I were to have been born now (50 years
later), that this kind of test would indicate that 23 years later I would
be diagnosed with diabetes.

That's a good question for my internist on Thursday when I go.

sincerely sue
Sue Ellen Eggett
Email: email @ redacted
Phone: (801)423-1993