[IP] RE: Alcohol question

    Someone wrote, and I'll not say who, " if there is bacteria the alcohol
just pushes it around." This was one of those educated persons. Yes indeed
there is bacteria on the surface of your skin! No question about that. You
could not live without them! Alcohol does not kill all/none of them.
    My CDE, who had been pumping with a MiniMed for 16 years two years ago
informed me and ALL of her patients NOT to use alcohol preps to clean the
area before a set. She informed me that unless there are extenuating
circumstances all you should need to do before changing a set is take a bath
and have clean skin to apply the set. This has worked for me.
    All the alcohol will do even for injecting insulin with a traditional
syringe is dry the skin.