Re: [IP] Leaving sites in for more than 3 days

CJ wrote:
> But consider this, if you brag, yes BRAG!, about how long your insertion
> site has been in, some new person pumping may think this is great and
> attempt it with very dire consequences.

I've not seen anyone bragging or glorifying anything. What I've read are
several very experienced pumpers, whom I respect greatly, describing
what they do, and why they do it. If a "new person" inappropriately uses
information they've picked up on this list, that's their own fault and
they must learn to exercise proper caution before drawing on an
information source like this.

I know that changing set every 2 or 3 days constitutes best medical
practice, and is the advice medical staff must give. But ultimately
diabetes is all about taking personal responsibility for your own
condition, and not just blindly doing what you're told. Find your own

It is very important that people are free to share all experiences,
however unorthodox they are. We don't all operate strictly by the book.
The real world isn't a clinic. And the power and beauty of a list like
this is that people can describe the unusual and odd things they do
without being shouted at.

mailto:email @ redacted