Re: [IP] Re: Leaving sites in for more than 3 days

To reload the syringe:
    a)    place clamp in the line 2 or 3 inches below the Luer lock
    b) remove the syringe from the pump
    c) remove the syringe from the Luer lock and cap the hose with the white
caps that come with the Softset or the clear cap from the silhouettes
    d) place the needle for the syringe that you saved, capped, on the
    e) refill the syringe as usual
    f) place the syringe in the pump
    g) remove the needle and recap it
    h) bolus insulin through the pump until a large bubble of insulin
appears on the end of the syringe - usually 2 or 3 units for me
    I) remove the cap from the infusion set and fill the end of the Luer
Lock with a ordinary syringe - usually about 12 units - until you have a
bubble on the end of the lock.
    j) place the syringe in the end of Luer lock- Pump down so that liquid
touches liquid - and close the lock

I was taught this method by the pump trainer and I have never had bubbles
from the filling of the syringe in 1 1/2 years.

Gary Marlin