Re: [IP] Re: Leaving sites in for more than 3 days

By the way, when I started 17+ years ago, they told us 7 days (for kids -- longer
for adults who were supposed to be "cleaner") (if you could get the needles to
stay in place that long) and that "hopefully" in the near future you would be
able to leave them in for 2-3 weeks.  The advent of humalog and the use of
Regular (rather than velosulin) seems to have significantly shortened the
recommended times.  Janine's really got a good point.  Humalog users may get much
less time.  At any rate, the key is the itching, redness, etc.  There is no
scientific proof about any particular set time, just trends.  Irritation more
than anything makes sites vulnerable to infection.