Re: [IP] Emergency with Laura

I'm sorry to hear that Laura will now be like my kids. Both of mine have
grandmal seizures and my daughter also stopped breathing.We decided to shoot
for blood sugars in the 100-200 range because I was also fearful of a
Is Laura on a pump? My kids were not on pumps when this started and we ended
up changing their long acting insulin (nph) to 11:00 at night,so that it would
not peak between 2-3 am.This seemed to be the time that they seized the most.
The only suggestion I have for you is to get some cake gel and squirt it into
the side of her mouth when unresponsive.It works very quickly and will
sometimes stop the seizure before it becomes full blown.Good Luck Doreen-mom
of 2 pumpers