Re: [IP] Determining if an unborn baby will have diabetes

In a message dated 2/14/99 10:15:30 AM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< My oldest son and his wife are having their first child in about 4 weeks.
 He will be my first grandchild. Their doctor knew I was diabetic and
 therefore had my daughter-in-law do a glucose test. This glucose test, as I
 understand it, lets the doctor know before the baby is born if he is likely
 to get diabetes. Their test came back negative. Is this fool proof or can >>
I would like to have more information regarding this test as my son and
daughter-in-law are expecting their first child this summer and I am also a
Type I.