Re: [IP] Got minimed working-now need suggestions

In a message dated 2/9/1999 9:59:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Ok..my bgs have been very high in the 200's...within 4 hours I was down by
 points and got shakey, sweaty etc. I am told these feelings will go away once
 my body is used to my newer and lower and better BGs/ But how do I get
 this time and how long does it take? Also going down this dats..does the
 insulin kinda work as a diuretic too? >>

I experienced that also.  I used to have a lot of 300's and 400's pre pump so
when my blood sugar was 100, I felt awful.  It took no more than a few weeks
to feel okay with a blood sugar of 100 or so.  One thing that might help you
get through this is  knowing how much better you will feel once you get
through the initial period.  I never knew what it was like to have normal
blood sugars before i went on the pump and the energy and simply well-being
you feel is amazing with the pump.. Hang in there,  It will get better.

Phyllis Dobin