[IP] (Fwd) JDF Washington Report No. 4

From:           	"email @ redacted" <email @ redacted>
Subject:        	JDF Washington Report No. 4
Send reply to:  	email @ redacted

Juvenile Diabetes Foundation--Government Relations
JDF Washington Report
   Volume II, No. 4, February 12, 1999
·       JDF Announces the first  JDF Children’s Congress

We are pleased to announce the first JDF Children’s Congress, to
be held June 20  22!  JDF will be sponsoring a relatively small
group of children (ages 2 to 17) to come to Washington, DC, with a
parent, grandparent, or guardian to participate in special events
designed for children to reach out to leading Members of Congress
and the Administration to advocate for a cure for diabetes.

The children will attend a special Congressional hearing on
diabetes and kids, a luncheon with Members of Congress and
celebrities, and participate in an event with senior Administration
officials.  All these events are designed to ensure the greatest
media coverage, both nationally and locally, to raise awareness
about the impact of diabetes on children and the need for a cure.

We are asking that all children with diabetes, family members, and
friends write letters to their Members of Congress and send them
to us (we will make sure they are delivered properly).  A task force
of JDF volunteers will select the children, representing each state,
who will attend the JDF Children’s Congress based on a review of
all the children’s letters received.

Although budget and space constraints will support only a limited
number of participants, we believe this to be an extraordinary event,
in which everyone can participate by sending letters in support of
the event and our search for a cure!  Every letter will play a part in
our advocacy efforts, though, as they will be delivered during the
event ­      hopefully tens of thousands of letters will be delivered,
making a huge impact on Capitol Hill.

For complete details on how to participate and for the application
form/letter, please see the JDF Children’s Congress website at
www.jdfcure.org/promise.  Or call your local JDF chapter.

Together we can make this event a spectacular success!!
How To Join This List:
Send An Email TO:  email @ redacted
Juvenile Diabetes Foundation
Government Relations