Re: [IP] Thigh Thing & Minimed article

On Fri, 12 Feb 1999 11:40:35 -0500 (EST), Miranda Miller wrote:

<<In addition, I'm hurt that companies think diabetics can't handle the
amount of data that a continuous glucose sensor would provide.  We handle
a life-threatening illness, but we can't handle data!??>>

I'm not really hurt by the "experts'" assumptions.  I think their opinions
are extremely short-sighted and uninformed. I'm sure there will be
tremendous response to a continuous glocuse monitor.  I know I'll be one of
the first in line!  If only because I won't have to prick my fingers until
they are sore and carry around another machine in my purse <G>.  Not to
mention the cost of test strips....!  Just think how wonderful it would be
to have an alarm go off when your blood sugar got too low or too high!  :)

BTW, I think I will try your garter trick. The thigh thing works fine for me
sleeping, but tends to slip down my leg too underneath clothing!