Re: [IP] Backup pumps

>If I were to get caught up in some rough water on the first day of a week long
>trip and my canoe were to tip over, a MiniMed pump would probably be destroyed
>by being submerged in water when I went overboard. With the Disetronic, it
>would continue pumping problem free. If it were to stop functioning for same
>reason, I would have a backup with me, so there would be no problem.

Of course, if you knew that you'd be boating with a MM, it would be wise to
use their waterproof case. However, I think even the MM will take a dunking
and keep on working. It's fully water resistant... just not waterproof down
to 30 meters (or whatever). We've had quite a few reports here of toilet or
sink dunks that did not cause any problems at all.