[IP] Will injury equal rise in blood glucose?

Well...today the farrier came to trim horse...horse spooked and stepped
on my good left foot (right foot is Charcot Joint) and I thought horse
broke my left foot.
Limped around and then thought maybe foot okay...later after removing
boot discover cut and abrasion and black and blue foot that is VERY
swollen and hurts.
Can I expect the need to raise basel rate now?
So far bg's okay from dinner bolus...injury occurred at 5 pm today.
I do not think it is broken and do not wish to go have x-rays done to
find out...do not want a cast Thank You.

Becky  LaSpina
IDDM since 1957 - pumper since 12/26/98