Re: [IP] Showering with no QR

At 12:08 PM 2/10/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>I use the sofset without the QR.  When I take a shower. I take the
>>reservior out of the pump and hang the tubing attached to the syringe
>>around my neck and shower.
>This is potentially dangerous.  With the plunger free from the pump, it is
>possible to bump it and give yourself a massive overdose of insulin.  Plus,
>as CJ said, the MM pump arms would need to be "reseated" against the base
>of the plunger.  For me, this often amounts to about 2 or 3 units.  So,
>when you put the reservoir back in the pump, you may not be getting any
>insulin for quite some time.  It would be better to put the pump in a
>plastic ziploc bag while you are in the shower, and figure out some way to
>hang it around your neck.
>Mary Jean
Mary Jean,

You should have received some clamps with your infusion sets - they will
crimp the wire so you can't push the plunger on the syringe. Also, when you
take the syring out of the pump, just lift the smaller lever, the one
closer to the top of the syringe.  as the plunger won't move, you can just
put it back into the pump and be assured the lever hasn't moved.  Hope this