Re: [IP] Carb to Ins ratio before pump?

<<  I haven't purchased "Pumping Insulin" because I believe I've
 read here that it comes with the pump??  Thanks in advance.
Doesn't automatically "come with the pump". Depends on your supplier or pump
trainer. Check out the FAQ areas of the main pumpers site. Basal rates are
calculated on your total daily insulin does (all insulin types). Half is
devoted to your hourly basal rates and half to your meal boluses, as a place
to start. Basal rate testing, then bolus testing helps to fine tune what you
need during the day. your endo/pump trainer should be able to fill you in on
your starting estimates. Buy the book!
Barbara B.