Re: [IP] re: exercise problem

In a message dated 2/9/99 6:16:53 AM Eastern Standard Time, email @ redacted

<< Try disconnecting completely 1 hour before
 >exercise, during exercise and 2 hours after.  This may be too much but keep
 >testing at 1/2 hour intervals after exercise  to see when you begin to rise
 >again after exersise.  Then, at that point reconnect your basal. >>

How do you disconnect for so long?  I have a MiniMed507C.  If I use the
"suspend" mode, my little pump starts to chirp like crazy, if I don't
reprogram it shortly after!  Is it OK to just ignore it when the alarm goes
off under this circumstance?

I use SoftSet QR sets.  Should I just use the quick release and then let the
pump think it's giving me basals?  If I do that, won't it then just "basal the
floor" <vbg> subsequently giving an inaccurate accounting of total insulin
delivery for that day?  Help!

Linda Winey  >^.,.^<
Type 1 since 1950
MDI 49 years
happy pumper since 1/13/99 (almost a month!)   :o)