[IP] Glucagon Question

My dietician is also a Type 1 on a Minimed pump.  I was considering getting
my doctor to give me a script for Glucagon, but she told me that unless
there is someone there to administer it to you, there isn't much point in
having it.  I live alone and would like to know I have something available,
but is it true that if you need it you would be incapable of administering
it yourself?  I've never really dropped to the point where I couldn't do
something to help myself come back from it.

Needing opinions,