Re: [IP] Getting a MiniMed pump

On  9 Feb 99 at 15:05, Fran Baumgartner wrote:

>  But, I stand firm that it's up
> to us the patient to make that choice by being encouraged to contact both
> companies, because one of those features may make them the happiest.  It's
> these small things that are really nice.

It's the small things that do make a difference... in my case the doctor didn't
(and still doesn't)  know anything about the pumps so I got to decide...  and
one big factor for me was the cool blue pump... it doesn't look like a medical
device.  As you pointed out, the contact with each of the companies varys from
region to region - and that's something that you think that both MiniMed and
Disetronic would be working hard to improve.  You get that same effect with the
bg meter companies too - some reps have given people software, cables, meters
etc. while others are essentially denying that their company is in the meter
business as far as dealing with users....

I think we're all saying the same thing, just with slightly different
emphasis...  and the bottom line is that the pump as a tool for diabetes
management works extremely well for most of us, most of the time.  And you can
easily get many of us to say it's a whole lot better than that 4 to 6
shot-a-day torture protocol...

Randall P. Winchester
* misunderstood something.