Re: [IP] Cost of Pumps

Well, apparently some rip offs are even greater that others.  I have not seen
the bill from the place where I bought the pump, but the insurance Explanation
of Benefits (EOB) said the submitted charge was $9,000 and the allowable
amount was $8525 for a negotiated savings of $475.  My insurance is is Blue
Cross Blue Shield regular, federal , through my husband who is a federal
retiree. I was initially told the pump cost about $5,000, so it looks like I
have some phone calls to make.

Phyllis Dobin