RE: [IP] exercise and basals

You must take into consideration the duration of the insulin you use, it's
peaking times and it's onset times.

Sounds to me that when you wake up and you suspend, around 5:45, that is
when the last amount of insulin was infused, so you need to consider that
this insulin will continue working for a while.  Also by breakfast your
insulin will probably be completed on it's effective use time.  Hence the

It is not recommended that you suspend your insulin instead you should set
your basals so that your basal drops an amount of time equal to the peak of
the insulin you are using and that your basal goes up most likely
immediately after exercise or a short time there after to compensate for the
fact that you will now be eating and back on a regular type of day.

It will take a bit of work to balance it, but you will find that it works
well.  I never suspend for any activities, although I do drop the basal
sometimes more than half.