Re: [IP] exercise and basals

email @ redacted writes:

<< i'm mainly concerned about
 why my sugar falls after i get up, and after my pump is suspended.
 tomorrow i'm going to skip aikido and do a basal rate check from 3 am till
 noon or so, so i'll let you all know what the sugars do! thanks in advance >>
What kind of insulin are you taking?  I have to reduce my basals a couple of
hours before I exercise (I use Velosulin) and I don't have to eat anything
extra when I exercise, which really helped when I lost weight...fine tuning
how long to reduce and how much to reduce was the hard part.  It took a lot of
trial and error, but I love not having to treat before, during, and after