Re: [IP] Pump convenience

In a message dated 2/9/99 12:07:05 PM Pacific Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< <<   The pump is not as convenient as injections, I have to plan even more,
 but my blood sugars are much improved, and have better control. >> >>

I guess what I mean by this is that I have to make sure my pump has enough
insulin in it to make it through the day while I am on campus, or to make sure
I have the supplies on hand if I need to make a change.  After six years of
five shots a day, I got use to the routine (insulin pen and meter), and felt a
lot of freedom in addressing my disease (but did not have as good as control
as on the pump).  I guess it is just adjusting to something different, to
becoming comfortable with new techniques, and generally getting into a regular
routine with the new devices.