Re: [IP] What Insurance Companies Are Looking For

IN>>Why didn't she just continue using the Profile (and, at the same time,
IN>strips for the Elite), until the Profile strips ran out? Then she'd have an
IN>excess number of Elite strips stored up so she could test as often as she
IN>wanted. Sounds like *she* was wasting money, too!

IN>Jan, I'm sure you are right - a big waste of $$ all the way around. I believ
IN>my coworker said she was sent 6 months supply of strips, though I don't know
IN>what amt. that constitutes. I just wish everyone could have the insurance an
IN>care that they need and deserve.

IN>Insulin-Pumpers website http://www.insulin-pumpers.org/

Please correct me if I am wrong, but Medicare hasn't changed in regards
to what strips they will pay for.  I just recieved a new Lifescan
Profile (January 99) that Medicare paid for, and just recieved my strips
for February, with no mention of Medicare changing.  But then, I may
have misread your original post.  If so, please disregard this dribble.

David Flagg---Winter Park, FL.--ICQ # 11896094

mail to <email @ redacted>