Re: [IP] What Insurance Companies Are Looking For

<<  They just MADE her change her meter, from
 Profile to Glucometer Elite. Those are the only strips they will now pay for,
 and they tell her how many she is to purchase. >>
This is not good practice. However, the people who make the Elite meter
frequently negotiate with the insurance companies to be the sole provider and
offer a discount on the strips. If the Elite strips are purchased out of
pocket, the price is very close to other strips. I personally do not care for
strips that require "peeling off the foil"
(arthritis in the hands). I also do not think it is fair for anyone to
"dictate" the meter and strips an individual should use.
Barbara B.