On  5 Feb 99 at 7:10, Richard E Uhlman wrote:

> I recently talked to a Minimed rep re getting a pump for my son.  We were
> discussing pro/cons of each pump and he brought up the fact that MM is going
> to be going to trials with their new insertable sensor and you could only use
> their sensor if you used a MM pump.  Sounded like blackmail to me, or am I
> being too sensitive here?  Kate
You're being a little too sensitive here...  I'd bet they want people familiar
with their approach so training is easier.  They also want people with good
judgement too, and the people who chose their pump have obviously demonstrated
that <vbg>.   It's not much different than any other company trying out a new
product - those who get first shot at the new stuff are generally the people
who are already customers for the other stuff...

Randall P. Winchester
* misunderstood something.