Re: [IP] Re: doctor says no...what to do?

My doctor also said he didn't think I needed it.  My ha1c was 7.0.   He said
that's good enough.  Most likely by the time you die from complications, or
they get really expensive, you'll be on someone else's insurance, and we'll
save more money this way.  (OK, so I ad libbed the last sentence).  Since I
belong to an HMO, I needed his endorsement.  I said, "how about if you refer
me to an endochronologist, and get his opinion.  If the endo says I need it,
will you then recommend it?  He agreed.  And I made sure the endo he
referred me to has plenty of pumping patients.  So, it was a no brainer.
The endo said yes.  My doctor said yes.  Four months of paperwork later, I
got the pump.

> In a message dated 2/6/99 10:13:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> email @ redacted writes:
> << > Well my doctor called me and said
>  > that he didn't think I would need it. I was crushed! I would like
>  > some advice on what I should do next. I really like my doctor a
>  lot. > I really thought he would give me the ok...I really just
>  don't know > what I should do next.

Kevin T. Cottingim
Director, GM Selection and Development
Darden Restaurants (Red Lobster and The Olive Garden)