Re: [IP] Getting a MiniMed pump

In a message dated 2/8/99 12:17:15 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Some docotors push only one type of pump because that is how it is in the
 medical world ( some people say kickbacks). >>

Scooter --

Some doctors push only one type of pump because they only get support from one
pump company. Therefore, they're only familiar with (and comfortable with) one
pump. Sometimes it's the difference between "I want you to prescribe my pump"
(no support) and "Let me teach you and your staff how to use this pump." It
could also lead them to believe that their patients won't receive the proper
assistance from the company that failed to give the docs the assistance they