Re: [IP] Re: doctor says no...what to do?

email @ redacted writes:

 > In a message dated 2/6/99 10:13:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
 > email @ redacted writes:
 > << > Well my doctor called me and said
 >  > that he didn't think I would need it. I was crushed! I would like
 >  > some advice on what I should do next. I really like my doctor a
 >  lot. > I really thought he would give me the ok...I really just
 >  don't know > what I should do next.
 >  Get a new doc. Or maybe ask him to walk a day in your shoes
 >   Michael >>
 > Michael, I have read your responses to many others over the last
 > couple of weeks, and I think you must have been very tired when you
 > answered this one! If not, then 10 lashes with a wet noodle to you!
 > I guess your 2 suggestions might make a difference.  But who's to
 > say the next doctor won't have the same outdated attitude?
 It is possible that the next doc could be the same way, but there is
 an old saying:
 "you don't get anything you don't ask for"
 > Realistically, unless he is also diabetic, how could he POSSIBLY
 > wear shoes that any of us here in this forum have to wear every
 > day??
 I'm sure if he though about it a little bit he would decide perhaps
 he would not like your life and maybe be a bit more cooporative.
 He could, for instance, take a 10 or 20 unit dose of N in the morning
 and zip off to work. What fun that would be, especially he didn't
 have a snack. I'm not being snide. He sounds like one of the docs
 discussed here frequently. Your alive, that's enough -- but it's not.
 He clearly has not considered your "quality of life" issues and
 thinks he's done his job by giving you a regiemn that allows you to
 continue life.
 I have no apologies about critisicism of a physician that say NO to
 patient that is clearly trying to take steps to improve there medical
 condition when they have a chronic disease.  "Old" thinking is the
 single greatest impediment to modern treatment of diabetes --
  I say again -- if your doctor will not
 cooperate -- get a new doc.
 email @ redacted

Yes, but Jackie needed to know what she could do next, especially since she
likes her doctor so much.  I agree with everything you have said here,
Michael, but you did not elaborate with your initial response, and THAT is why
I proposed "the noodle".  :o)

Linda  >^.,.^<