Re: [IP] Battling the insurance. . . .again!

I have no quick fixes but this could help:
Get your doctor and you to separately write a letter explaining you are a type 1
diabetic and that without blood testing you cannot eat, exercise or drive safely
since you will be unable to monitor your insulin doses.  You could point out
that you are hoping they understand how expensive ER and paramedics and hospital
care for the kind of accidents you could easily incur are.  Be sure you find out
who the case manager or medical director is and address your letter to that
person (otherwise it may take weeks or months for them to even read it).

Good luck!