[IP] Battling the insurance. . . .again!

Ughhh!  Just when you think your battles with the insurance are over, they
patch another piece of red tape on you!

Since October of '98 I had finally gotten all of my diabetic supplies
covered -- pump supplies, insulin, and monitor test strips.  Well, I tried
to change my prescription this past month to the Comfort Curve Strips (I had
been using the AccuChek Advantage strips) and I was  told that my test
strips in the past were covered "by mistake", and I would no longer receive
any type of test strips at the wonderful bargain prescription price, past
prescription or not.

Georgia pumpers -- do any of you use Cigna health insurance?  I know that
the state passed Senate Bill 55 which mandated that all diabetes supplies
and education be covered, but I have been told that this bill, even though
it was passed in April of '98 and went into effect in July of '98 is still
under debate by the insurance companies.  As much as I enjoy my Accuchek
complete monitor, I'm willing to change monitors so I can get the strips
covered by insurance -- they are so costly!  Please feel free to e-mail me
privately with your comments/advice.

Thanks to all for your help (and letting me vent a bit (<;).
Best Regards,
Andry Kennedy
email @ redacted
Type 1 - 25 years