Re: [IP] Re: carb. counting & the pump

Sam Skopp wrote:
> Are you saying that 4-5 Life-Savers will raise my BGs faster than a big
> king-sized Snickers bar or a big bag of M&M's? You're spoiling all my
> fun... :-)

Absiposolutely {sp?} <G>

Actually I answered someone online a while ago that couldn't understand
why the big candy bar he ate to correct his reaction didn't work. Told
him the high fat content slowed down absorption so much his body self
corrected with a glycogen dump, and he was WAY up there afterwards. He
doesn't do that anymore.........

> Actually, my first reaction (pun intended) is to grab some glucose tabs...

Of course glucose tabs are good too, though I've never bothered getting any.
Life-savers always did fine for me and I can get them anywhere CHEAP. YMMV

> I always carry these with me. If my low BGs continue beyond the next 20
> minutes, then I get a little carried away (not literally), and have
> something more interesting.  During a trip out of state, last week I had a
> low BG episode where I dropped and the glucose tabs didn't work. So, I next
> raided the local vending machine... after having a bag of M&M's and a candy
> bar, I was still below 70, an hour later. Since it was just about bed-time
> and I needed to get up early for work the next morning, a bag of chocolate
> chip cookies followed. (yummy!!)

Oh well, I'd probably just reduce my basal for a few hours and have a light
snack to carry me.
Ted Quick