Re: [IP] Not sure what to do,,,,

I mis-typed.  I take 4 shots a day on a sliding scale depending on my bg,
and what I plan on eating.  The problem that I would have with 40 units of
NPH, is that it doesn't start working for hours, and then I have to make
sure that I eat at just the right times to coincide with the insulin
peaking.  As it is now, I check by blood sugar 20 minutes before eating,
compensate for any highs, and give the insulin to go with that meal.  I keep
these blood sugars in pretty good ranges(rarely above 200), where I run into
trouble is with getting my NPH to coincide with the rest of my body while I
sleep.  Last night I woke up at 3 am with a 54 mg/dl BS, drank some juice,
and woke up with a 250!  I suspect I went into shock in my sleep, and the
high is a result of a hypo reaction in my sleep.  I think the pump will
ultimately let gain good control over my nights.

"Gee, no......G3!"

Netstreet Networks, L.L.C. - No Brakes HTML and Database.......
                 -  Very Y2K Compliant -
email:   email @ redacted
cell:    703-626-5532
PGP key available for encrypted transmissions

Be sure to check out http://www.sincerelybill.com/ to see why Netscape named
Sincerely, Bill their #1 What's Cool site for 10/1/98!!

CNN says "Sincerely, Bill is fun whether you love Clinton or hate him!" -
11/5/98 http://www.cnn.com/ONLINE/