Re: [IP] which pump?

John Neale wrote:
> CJ writes:
> > According to my Disetronic rep, the decision to make two pumps available is
> > not one done by choice by Disetronic, but because of a governmental
> > requirement in a company that they sell in.
> So why do they sell them in pairs in all countries?

I don't really know, but have the impression that since their electronics
shuts down the pump at the 2 years of use point they decided to make it a
standard practice anywhere. As a matter of fact I've heard of cases in the
USA where the insurance company insisted on buying only 1 D pump for
economic reasons but D decided to stick to the rules they've always
operated under: buy 1, get 2.
> I live in Germany, and this is news to me! The Swiss are the
> ultra-cautious lot...

Yes, they're the ones with this law, don't know about any other countries.

Ted Quick