Re: [IP] Glucagon

At 12:47 PM 2/6/1999 -0600, you wrote:
>My husband is waiting to get his pump and our last visit to the endo he
>gave us Glucagon to give to him when he is in trouble.  I have this fear
>of needles to begin with and when reading the directions it says they may
>vomit.  Has anyone used this and is this a problem?  I'm afraid if he get
>sick he may choke.  Do you still call EMT or just let the Glucagon work
>and how long and how many does it take?  He gave us 3 with refills.  The
>last time I had to call EMT he wasn't totally unconscious but out of it
>enough not to cooperate and very combative.  EMT had to hold him down to
>get an IV into him (his not a small guy)  Do I give him the injection
>when he is having seizures?  Any advice or suggestions would be most

If he is laying down anytime you give him anything that may make him sick
make sure you turn him onto his side this will help make sure he does not
(called the recovery position)..

lets just hope you will never have to use it)
Dx'd in 92 never used the Glugagon shot..  8)

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438