Re: [IP] Glucagon

One of our medical members please jump in here if this is not exactly

Glucagon is best used when the patient is unresponsive and/or has no gag
reflex. For a full grown adult, give them the entire injection in a nice
place like the butt.

IF and only if they are responsive or out of it but can still swallow or
have a gag reflex, you can give them glucose gel by mouth, 25 to 50 grams
(that's usually 1 to 3 ounces). This stuff comes in a tube and can be
purchased at the drug store. You rub in on their gums and mucus membrans
and it will be absorbed directly into the blood stream.

Both glucose and gluagon administered correctly will bring the patient
around in 15 minutes or so.

This information comes from members of the list and is therefor third
hand although I have used glucose gel under these circumstances myself.

If you want definitive medical advice, consult your medical team.