Re: [IP] Glucagon

Hi Glenda,

I've used this stuff a lot on my wife. I have a bottle pre-mixed in the
fridge (I think it keeps for 3-6 months), and when I need it, I use one of
the smaller syringes that she used to use with her insulin. I don't know if
you noticed or not, but the one that comes with the kit is HUGE!

I would go ahead and call the EMT's, at least for awhile, until you get the
hang of it, and get used to how long the stuff takes to work. I used to
shoot the whole vial of glucogone, but that would rocket her BG's the other
way. I think that is why some people vomit after being injected with the
stuff. If your husband is combative when he is having a hypoglycemic
attack, I would just call the EMT's, and let them do what they get paid

My brother in law is also diabetic, and is very combative when he has low
blood sugars. His wife doesn't even mess around any more, and calls 911

My .02 cents.
Todd Boyer