[IP] Re: First Week of Pumping

Thanks for the input...

You are right I don't think my dr. knows much about pumping (however he did
just come back from a seminar on it)  It was for Mini-med and everyone there
was supposed to wear a pump with saline, so they would know how it feels, but
he didn't)He said to me yesterday that 30% of pumpers do very  well on just
one dose.  I thought to myself well what about the other 70%?  HELLO??

I started Monday in the hospital off on 1.1 basal, Tuesday was upped to !.2,
Wednesday I upped  it to 1.3, Thursday the dr. upped it to !.5, then Friday up
to 1.7.  It seems to me that maybe I was so low in the hosp. because of
adrenaline and because they told me to take my regular dose of NPH the night
before and there may have been some lingering the next day.  It also seems to
me that if my sugars were regulated in the night like they should be i.e. a
2nd profile then my day wouldn't start out so high and it would be better. But
then maybe that's just me.  My educator and I are getting together via the
phone tomorrow and going over my sugars (graphing etc)since this latest raise
to 1.7 and then I think we will work on a 2nd profile.

I would ditch my endo but he is the only one on my insurance list.

I just tested and it was 186, which for the past few days  is pretty good.
However, it's  the weekend and I have done hardly anything other than laundry
AND eaten little or no carbs (my ratio is 6 to 1)

I know things will get better but at times I miss the ole' shot of Humalog and
NPH. but only at times.

Oh and as for Owen, what a horrible thing to put on this site.