Re: [IP] Not sure what to do,,,,

At 09:47 AM 2/6/1999 CST, you wrote:
>Hi Everyone,
>    My name is Barb and I live in Illinois. I'm 42 yrs old and have had
>diabetes 1 since Dec. 96. I have been tossing back and forth the idea of
>going on the pump, right now I take two injections 40Nph in the a.m. and
>p.m., and I'm on a sliding scale (of R)if it goes any higher than 150. I
>don't have any problems with giving myself injections or anything else,
>but my doctor told me that this was so much simplier to use, I am still
>trying to figure out how though, how do you know when to give yourself
>another injection, do you work with the doctors on that or do you test
>and then decide? This has been working on me for the past two weeks ever
>since she said "let's try it"! If anyone has any help they could give me
>it would be greatly appreciated. First I was shocked to learn that I had
>diabetes in the first place, there is no history of it in my family,
>then when I got use to giving myself injections (stomach), she wants to
>switch me to something else. I guess I'm just grasping for any sane
>reason to switch, she thinks it's right, but I just have to make sure, I
>know it will be something I have to live with for the rest of my life.
>Thanks for listening!!!!   Barb

The pump is alot easyer in many ways like to allow your self alot of
freedom,and you go by the numbers on how much to give just like a sliding
scale.  The only thing that is really hard (for some things) is carb
counting but even then it becomes almost second nature..

Brian Carter
ICQ # 27217438
email @ redacted
www.geocities.com/hotsprings/falls/3564