[IP] Not sure what to do,,,,

Hi Everyone,
    My name is Barb and I live in Illinois. I'm 42 yrs old and have had
diabetes 1 since Dec. 96. I have been tossing back and forth the idea of
going on the pump, right now I take two injections 40Nph in the a.m. and
p.m., and I'm on a sliding scale (of R)if it goes any higher than 150. I
don't have any problems with giving myself injections or anything else,
but my doctor told me that this was so much simplier to use, I am still
trying to figure out how though, how do you know when to give yourself
another injection, do you work with the doctors on that or do you test
and then decide? This has been working on me for the past two weeks ever
since she said "let's try it"! If anyone has any help they could give me
it would be greatly appreciated. First I was shocked to learn that I had
diabetes in the first place, there is no history of it in my family,
then when I got use to giving myself injections (stomach), she wants to
switch me to something else. I guess I'm just grasping for any sane
reason to switch, she thinks it's right, but I just have to make sure, I
know it will be something I have to live with for the rest of my life.
Thanks for listening!!!!   Barb