[IP] First Week of pumping

Here's the first week of pumping, any suggestions or ideas would be helpful.
I'm also keeping in mind that this process is not an overnight miracle.

I had to spend 24 hours in the hospital for training and monitoring.  Training
was great and my sugars stayed in the 90's all day.  They started to rise in
the late evening and all through the night (200-250). My doctor raised my
basal 1/10 of a unit, mind you as of right now I only have one basal rate.
Went home midday Tuesday, sugars still in the 200-250 range.  Went back to
work Wednesday, still in the same range, I raised my basal another 1/10 of a
unit at lunch time.  Sugars started to drop all afternoon (I felt horrible,
bad headache and nasty nausea all afternoon)  Went back up to the 200-250
range in the late evening and all through the night (I'm testing at midnight
and at 3am)  Spoke to my doctor on Thursday and he raised the basal again
another 2/10 of a unit, I suggested another profile for the early morning
hours both today and on Tuesday in the hospital, he wanted to stick with the
one for now until they were lower.  (Again I felt horrible, bad headache and
nasty nausea all afternoon) I had a follow up appointment on Friday and he
raised it another 2/10 of a unit (it's now 1.7 per hour) and wants to see the
sugars on Monday.

It's a little frustrating since I thought on the pump things would be more
under control, but then again maybe it's just a longer process then I thought
it would be.....

Of course this pump has become very entertaining to.  I had a mishap Thursday
when changing the site, the tubing got caught on the knob of the dresser and I
was turning around to change channels on the TV, ripped out the new perfectly
placed site.  A little emotional I call one of the girls I work with and
explained I would be late.  By the time my story got to the office it had
turned into I was trying to change the channels on the TV with my new

Thanks for listening, I've had great help from my trainer, who has been a
literal God send!!!!